Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

road design book

Status
Not open for further replies.

renee04

Civil/Environmental
Jan 14, 2004
US
I'm looking for recommendations for a good book on road design. Not layout but the nuts and bolts of the actually design. Any suggestions are appreciated

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I take it you are looking for a book on Pavement Design. If so, Witzcak and Yoder is an excellent one. Military pavement design manuals are good and the site given by SRE is good.

The National Highway Specifications website (NHSW):
This site consists of a searchable library of highway specifications from across the country. The site also features Discussion Forums to enhance communication and interaction in the development and use of various types of construction specifications.

Thank you for all your suggestions. I've just had my end of probation review and have a better understanding of what is expected of me. Going back for a master's is frowned upon but I'm to self-study. I do a lot of road alignment studies so I'm looking for books to help with that and in general a good project managment book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back