Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ROBOT Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark10

Structural
May 17, 2001
US
Are there any Robot (ISS) software users that might share some opinons of this program? This program seems to be very impressive, much more then most competitors. I don't know how wide-spread the use is in the US, but understand that it is number one in Europe. Thanks for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Mark,

We used Robot for a while but stopped when they went to a Windows version because you couldn't format output however you wanted it. We needed this because we have special post-processing needs so we have our own in-house post-processor. We were unable to read the data into our program so had to switch back to STAAD. Since then, the guy that sits next to me has kept an eye on ROBOT and he's a big fan. He was showing me some stuff just today and it looks like it's head and shoulders above STAAD though take that with a grain of salt as I haven't actually used the latest version. One thing I was looking at was it's COM whatever it's called. Looks very powerful for customizing the program to meet individual needs. Seems to be tailor made for exactly the problem we have of wanting to do our own post.

Another problem they had several years ago was their support structure in the USA. It was awful. Hopefully, they've got that fixed. I too would be interested in other opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back