Rosemount 3051 screen not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

davo54

Industrial
May 15, 2016
NZ
Hi

After powering up a brand-new 3051(flange mounted wetleg) I noticed the screen does not show any indication(its blank). I can communicate with the instrument with Hart 375 communicator.

2 days earlier I unscrewed the screen and pulled it out to see if I could change the rotation of its mounting as the instrument needs to lie horizontally. I decided to not change anything and put the screen back together. Naturally I thought I must of put it back together wrong when the screen did not come on, so I checked and all seemed ok. I lifted up the 2nd block that held the wiring coming from the back of the transmitter and also had 2 copper prongs than looked to seat into two positions of the block above it. Now thinking that I shouldn't have touched it...... arrrrgh. young and keen.....

I did not touch the 2 switches that are under the front cover.
The 2nd identical transmitter I got did not have any problems with the screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help

Dave

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The 3051 manual says the display can be rotated, like one would expect. So it isn't positioned by a factory watchmaker. The manual only mentions aligning the electrical connector pins.

If I had two identical transmitters I'd put the good display in the questionable location and confirm that the dark display is toast, then arrange for a warranty replacement.

Bit of a late reply sorry.

I sorted the problem. the long cooper pins were misaligned on the inside end of the connection block so i couldnt see anything wrong when looking from the side.

Rookie mistake..... though atleast the scrren wasnt buggered hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back