Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rotary Airlock

Status
Not open for further replies.

EOIT

Mechanical
Dec 29, 2004
US
To start off I have searched numerous different keywords on "Google" etc and contacted many reps, suppliers, and manufacturers but with no luck.

We are looking for larger (~24") rotary airlocks (or rotary valves or star valves) with a mechanical cleanout device that scrapes out the pockets as they rotate by.

Every rotary valve manufacturer that I have spoken with over the last couple of weeks doesn't provide this type of valve and recommends an "air sweep" solution. Unfortunately we have tried numerous configurations for air cleanouts at 100 psi or greater but none seem to work well.

Does anyone have any leads or suggestions on locating these devices. The originals were installed over 20 years ago and the manufacturer no longer exists. I would appreciate any guidance on locating such a piece of equipment.

I work at a power plant and we are trying to move very wet sticky coal with the valve but the pockets fill so fast with coal that after about 30 minutes they are done for.

Regards,

EOIT

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We use rotary feeders to dump PP resin into pnuematic conveying lines. Models we have are Butler-Salina, Meyer & Sons, and Smoot. I think all of these guys are still in business. Don't know if they can help with wet, sticky coal though.

Good luck!

I used a lot of William W. Meyer and Sons of Skokie, IL and they had some creative designs. They seemed to be solution oriented, but then again that was about 20 years ago. Did your google find them?

rmw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back