Rotate Command For Products In The Product Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

TorsionalStress

Mechanical
May 23, 2005
CA
Using CATIA V5R18;

Is there a rotate command that can be used on products in the product environment, which will maintain the new reference with the view compass reference? Similar to the part body “rotate” command in the part environment?

An example; I insert an assembly that has a reference hole at 4 o’clock in the default view. I would like to rotate the entire assembly so the reference hole is positioned at 12 o’clock but I don’t want to change the compass settings. Is this possible?

Any response will be greatly appreciated!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You would need to apply an angle constraint between 2 assemblies to have a single line sort of history to the move. If you open the 4'oclock product in it's own window would have the default view and the full assembly would have your 12 o'clock

Regards,
Derek

Win XP64
R20SP7/21SP5, 3DVIA Composer 2013, ST R20
Dell T7400 16GB Ram
Quadro FX 4800 - 1.5GB

are you talking about 12'oclock of the root product or 12'oclock of the screen ?

If you want your sub level 4'oclock to be at 12'oclock in root product, you could write a script that would change the position matrix of your sub level.

If you want to change your sub level 4'oclock to be at 12'oclock of your screen you could create a view with a new camera oriented properly.

Does that answer your question?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Itsmyjob, respect with the top view. I don’t want to create scripts and I don’t want to create views because the other parts will orient differently. I worked in reverse. I wanted to rotate and properly orient product 1 on its own and constrain product 2 to product 1. What I did was insert product 2 first, already properly oriented, “fixed it”, then I inserted product 1 and constrained it to product 2 with the proper orientation and then fixed product 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back