Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotate Command in Sketcher Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

hims1980

Aerospace
Jul 9, 2012
FR
Hello everyone!

I want to make a circular array in sketcher mode with all the instances been constrained.
I tried rotate command in sketcher mode with "constraint conservation" option on, but I am not getting the desired result.
After arraying, the instances are not constrained, they become under-constrained.

Can anyone help me out please ?

Regards,
Himanshu

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Read the Online Help sections for Rotate and Translate. There are several notes about these commands that might explain your results, including the notation that the primary purpose of these tools is to translate the geometry.

Transformations (like Rotate and Translate) to duplicate profiles within a sketch are not considered best practice. It is better to make a feature from a single profile, and then use a Pattern (or Simetry) to make an array of that feature.

I absolutely agree with you, Jackk. But when we have a lot of pattern's to be done in a cat part for diferrent features, then don't you think that the tree will be longer, which is
again not a good practice.
I mean to say when we create a single feature & then pattern the same, then there comes 2 features in the tree, but with a pattern in the sketch we can do it with single feature thus shortening the tree length.

Yes, but it's risky too, we have to be careful while editing the sketch.

Anyways.... no problem, I will continue to work with the method of single feature & then pattern it, as you suggested.

Regards,
Himanshu

I never heard long tree lengths were a problem with V5.

Patterns of features are much easier to edit than duplicated profiles in a sketch.

Hi! Jackk,

I didn't mean that long tree length is a problem with V5, but as per my knowledge 3D Modelling with minimum features used is a good practice. [smile]

Regards,
Himanshu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back