Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rotating sketches: How do you select direction of rotation reference line, in autodesk inventor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

engibeer

Mechanical
Aug 14, 2012
CA
This part always bugs me about autodesk inventor. With solid edge its a two step process. When you are in sketch mode and you want to rotate something, you have two choices after selecting the sketches you want to rotate. First you select the center point, and then you select the end reference point for the rotation. This creates an imaginary line through which you rotate to your target, or you can also type the angle in.

With autodesk inventor, I can't seem to do this? To rotate, the reference line is ALWAYS with respect to the horizontal? Or maybe you can do it and I'm a noob. But otherwise, this is ridiculous as it makes things so slow and unintuitive. How do you rotate sketches with a two point process instead of just being able to select the center point of rotation?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Maybe this can be of some help for you:

I don't think that Inventor is suppose to work in the same way as say Autocad or Solid edge? (I have never tried that program). Personally I do these kind of commands in Inventor using only constraints and dimensions.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" - John McClane,Die hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back