Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rotational velocity in modal analysis for cyclic symmetry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiKiranK

Mechanical
Jul 7, 2019
IN
Hi,

I am doing analysis of a disc with blade in ANSYS Mechanical. Modeled one sector of disc along with one blade using cyclic symmetry. Cyclic symmetry is defined using cylindrical coordinate system.

As I want to generate Campbell diagram from modal analysis, I gave rotational velocity input at two different points (rpms).

There is a question mark on Rotational velocity input. ANSYS documentation says while defining rotational velocity in modal analysis, by default Global coordinate system (which is cartesian) will be chosen and it cannot be changed. And when using cyclic symmetry, the coordinate system given in rotational velocity should be cylindrical coordinate system and has to match with that of Global coordinate system (which is contradictory).

So can you please tell how to give rotational velocity input in modal analysis for a cyclic symmetric structure?

The relevant page in ANSYS documentation that explains these limitations is here, under definition category:

Thank you,
Kiran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back