Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Round command - deselect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VABiker

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2011
US
Okay, still working my way through ST3 with a new design. I have a part with several rounds applied. One is on an edge I'd like to deselect. Well, the intuitive way (to me) would be to click on the edge to take it out of the selection set, same way as it was added. After some futile clicking around and making sure I have the right selection filter turned on, nothing happens.

Okay, now go to the help file. Here I read that to deselect, I click on the (X). This is okay, but in my experimentation it eliminates all of the previously selected edges. Really, is this the only way to deselect? What if I'd selected 100 edges before accidentally clicking on one I didn't want? All the good ones are gone? Is there a different way?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This might be the shortest time ever for follow-up message with a solution. The answer is... Ctrl+LMB = deselect entity. It will have to do. If there's another way, I would like to hear of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back