Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RSlinx driver stopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

cokeguy

Electrical
Jan 29, 2006
MX
We have recurrent problems with RSlinx and controlnet, specifically with the driver configured for the 1784-PCIC controlnet card, it stops for no apparent reason and we need to restart it frequently on the RSlinx "configure drivers" window because the status appears as "stopped".

We use RSlinx extensively with DH, serial, ethernet, etc. but with the only drivers we have this problem is with the controlnet ones. The situation is the same an all PCs that have this driver.

Anybody has had this situation before? The HMI software supplier is reportedly invetsigating the situation with AB, but still no response form them ( we use a custom-made HMI software)

All comments will be very welcomed...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks for your reply, these 4 computers use windows XP professional. I´m not sure if they have any antivirus software, I´ll check, but if indeed they do, how could they stop only the controlnet driver, and not the ethernet driver also running within RSlinx in the same PC?
Thanks again for your comments...

I don't know how the anti-virus determines which service may or may not be malicious. However I have seen them shut down the virtual backplane service which will stop the driver.

just add RSlinx app to the safe application on your virus software. That way it will not kill you off.

This is a real big problem if your updating the firmware on a processor, could cause you to make a brick out of your processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back