Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSLogix 500 Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

matsusi

Automotive
Sep 25, 2006
CA
RSLogix 500 launches properly but when I go to open an existing file it says that the file cannot be opened because it is not in that location or is not valid. If I try to create a new file. I click the new file button and nothing happens. I try to uninstall RSLogix by launching the install CD and the install program never runs. If I try to uninstall using Windows, it asks if I want to uninstall it from my system then a fatal error during installation message box pops up. RSLinx still works properly. I'm running XP Home on an Acer Aspire 5630, the program has worked for 6 months or better with no problems.
Any ideas about how I can correct the problem or how to reinstall RSLogix?
Matsusi

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That was one of the first things I checked. I'm thinking it is something to with Norton Antivirus. I'm not able to do a system restore, etc...
I've tried to uninstall other programs just to see what else might be effected and if looks like all of my programs have issues of one kind or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back