Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RTRP Pipe versus GRP Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

amirparviz

Mechanical
Dec 25, 2003
US
Hi there,

Does anybody know what is diferences between RTRP pipe and GRP pipe and what is the condition for selection of this two type of pipe? Your answer is highly appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As is explained in the "History and Use" section of AWWA Manual M45 and I suspect many other USA and international references, there are many acronyms that have been used over many decades to describe essentially many composite structures of "fiberglass pipes" over the years, including the two you mention here (for any more definitive or codified explanations or distinctions between same, I will like you await perhaps more knowledgeable responses). According to the reference I cite above however, "RTRP" is short for "reinforced thermosetting resin pipe" and "GRP" is of course short for "glass reinforced plastic", both of which of course are at least literally quite general descriptive wordings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back