Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rubber Contact Warnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConorWalsh

Mechanical
Jul 18, 2003
US
hello all,

I was wondering if someone could help me imprive my model of compressing arubber seal by seeing the warnings I am getting below.

I am plotting a load deflection curve for the compression but it has quite a sharp peak that I think should not be there and I am wondering if it is due to how I have specified the interaction and the friction between the rubber and the rigid surface.

here they are -->

1 elements are distorted. Either the interior angles are out of the suggested limits or the triangular or tetrahedral quality measure is bad. The elements have been identified in element set warnelemdistorted.

Contact surfaces assembly__pickedsurf13 and assembly_outer-1_rigidsurface_ node number 309 instance seal-1 is overclosed by 0.41201 which is too severe--cutback will result. You may want to change the value of hcrit (0.31948) on the *contact pair option.

Convergence judged unlikely. Increment will be attempted again with a time increment of 3.69473e-02

The system matrix has 4 negative eigenvalues.

Contact surfaces assembly__pickedsurf11 and assembly_inner-1_rigidsurface_ node number 248 instance seal-1 is overclosed by 1.0746 which is too severe--cutback will result. You may want to change the value of hcrit (0.29312) on the *contact pair option.

Thanks

Conor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back