Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Rubber Technology Experience and Courses

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamestan

Chemical
Feb 14, 2017
ID
Good day, I am looking for recommendations on which courses should I take.

I am planning to become a full time rubber technologist and production engineer in the long run, and I want to make career preparations starting now (I currently have zero knowledge on rubber compounding, mixing etc).

I found the following options for courses:
University of Twente (Netherlands): University of Akron, Ohio
Ferris State University: ACS Rubber Division Online Training:
Also, I was hoping if you can share your experiences in this career path, and how did you start yourself back then? Did you take relevant courses? Or was it the on-the-job training and internships that were most helpful?

Hopefully the more experienced members here can lend some guidance.

Lastly if possible, what starting books would you recommend to give me a headstart? I've been reading "Rubber Technology" by John S. Dick and found it helpful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I sort of fell into rubber technology and stayed for 40+ years so I must have enjoyed it[lol]. Education was on-the-job, college-based, and self-help reading and study. Several books spring to mind the better ones being Rubber Technologist's Handbook by Jim R. White, Rubber Technology and Manufacture by C.M. Blow and Rubber Technology Handbook by Werner Hoffman. There are many, many resources available for download via the internet these days that were not available to us "old sweats" when we started out.

forumtowers.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back