Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running 12 injectors on a blown LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poncho Pyro

Automotive
Sep 5, 2016
US
I have a 6.0L LS engine and a 671 supercharger. I have provisions for 8 injectors in the manifold and four more in the Hilborn EFI to wet the rotors. Is it possible to run the 12 injectors with the stock PCM? I've been told it is "just stage the extra 4" but no one wants to tell me how this can be accomplished. I want to be able to run the stock computer and skinned down loom. so if I have to add something so be it. any ideas??????

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have no specific answer, but I recommend you seek out a forum of capable LS1 enthusiasts on the Internet, and tap into their collective wisdom.
Here is a commercial outfit that is pretty savvy with GM system hacking/tuning; they may have a product or service of use to you, and at any rate should be pretty tied in to the LS1 aftermarket/tuning community: Crazy Diamond Performance

"Schiefgehen wird, was schiefgehen kann" - das Murphygesetz

At some point, it must become easier to use an aftermarket (for example Haltech) engine computer.

PS: Beware OEM anti-theft systems. 'Gas Monkey' wasted days trying to strip down a wiring loom, but they went too far. They had to reinstall a body module (key fob sensing) to enable starting.

That is going to be an interesting task. If I were you, I would make those 4 injectors run in open loop. No feedback from O2 sensor to those particular injectors. Let the port injectors run in closed loop.

You could drive those 4 extra injectors with a stand-alone unit of some sort. It doesn’t have to be complex or expensive unless you want plug-and-play products that are found in the women’s section of the automotive store. Get yourself an Arduino. Let that Arduino read throttle position. Use that throttle position voltage to dictate those 4 injector’s pulse width and frequency.

If you don’t know how to program, this Arduino project will fix that. If you aren’t great with electronics, this will fix that problem too. If you don't want to get good at that stuff, you should've just slapped a pair of carbs on top of that 671 yesterday.

"Formal education is a weapon, whose effect depends on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed." ~ Joseph Stalin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back