Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Running FORTRAN code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tina a

Bioengineer
Jan 10, 2018
US
Hi,

I have to run FORTRAN code for my analysis in Abaqus. Since I have not done this before, I am not very clear about it. What are the proper steps in linking the code and running my analysis in Abaqus?

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

One of Simulia's websites (or the documentation, but not sure) talks about which versions of compiling environment (typically, MS Visual Studio) and FORTRAN compiler (typically, Intel) are compatible with the version of Abaqus you have installed on your OS. Installation sequence is important.

Also, google it; there is lots of valuable information available on a variety of sites.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Tina,

you can use this guide:
researchgate[dot]net/profile/Petri_Tanska/publication/313924098_Linking_ABAQUS_2017_and_Intel_Parallel_Studio_XE2016_Visual_Fortran_in_Windows_10_x64/links/58b003efaca2725b5411b020/Linking-ABAQUS-2017-and-Intel-Parallel-Studio-XE2016-Visual-Fortran-in-Windows-10-x64.pdf

Unsolicited advice: Looking at a comment in another conversation, the framing of your questions, and the jargon being used, my suggestion would be to seek face-to-face guidance from experts. Most of your time should go in to real work (code development and subsequent analyses). If you are in an environment where you need online guidance just to get started, I'm afraid you *might* be wasting your time.

Are you new to this forum? If so, please read these FAQs:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back