Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RV Park Sewer Connections 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CvlEngr123

Civil/Environmental
Oct 26, 2006
US
I am currently looking at designing an RV parking layout with all the services including sanitary sewer cleanouts for each RV space. Does anyone know of any special design regarding the cleanouts? I am thinking of just adding 4" cleanouts using wye and bends over to a sevice line and then onto a sewer main. My concern is the gas that might be coming out of the pipe when the cleanout is being used. I am not sure whether or not they use a fitting on the end of the RV waste hose that connects to the cleanout that may create a seal between the waste hose and the cleanout. Someone suggested the use of P-traps, but that would be a maintenance nightmare. I would appreciate any input regarding this.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, the connection from the 90 at the end of the flexible sewer line is not airtight.

I am currently doing an RV park myself. I am just getting into some of the same questions. Sorry I haven't got an answer for you yet.

Have you done any work on your water connection? Do you know anything about how the water connection should be plumbed to connect to the RV?

I'm just getting started on the utilities, I just finished the roads and the site grading.

Did you ever find any design of RV Park sewer cleanouts?

I want to thank all who have responded to this thread. I appreciate all of the information. As far as the water connection goes, we are using an RV hookup that has electrical, communications and water all in a housed unit. The unit is called Powerhouse and can be viewed @ You can basically just connect a regular water house to the unit. For the sewer cleanouts, we have decided to provided a regular cleanout with a threaded PVC cap. We are trying to keep it simple and cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back