Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rx7 rear wiper motor wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris k

Automotive
Oct 7, 2016
US
Trying to wire up the rear wiper and washer pump to the stock dial/push button in my 89 RX7. I have locaated the pins (in the stock switch) that go to ground when activated. My problem is that if i run a + to the wiper motor, and try to groung the circuit with the switch, the positive feed carries through the line to the switch and activates some internal relay of sorts and doesnt turn the wiper motor on. I have the correct polarity for the wiper motor (the reverse doesnt allow it to work). If i use a 30amp relay and try to ground trigger it, the same thing happens, the motor wont turn on. Any ideas as to how to get this to work. Im using a chassis harness from a different car, that didnt have the rear wiper/washer option. I know these setups can be tricky, due to the washer activation also requiring the wiper to opperate momentarily. I also posted the original wiring diagram, if that helps. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=6a800242-338c-4ee9-8480-4acdb3d96fe4&file=New_Doc_7-1.jpg
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

New_Doc_7-1b_c8ovg0.jpg

Keith Cress
kcress -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back