Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SA 350 LF3 and SA 350 LF2

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvindpandit

Mechanical
Mar 2, 2011
IN
hi..

Mounded Bullet
DP = 17.5 barg
DT = -46 / 80 deg C

Based on the above design conditions I have selected MOC for Shell/Dish plate SA 350 LF3 and same is procured by vendor. Now client is not accepting this material because of Ni content of 3.5% as it is specified in the client specification that 3.5% Ni shall not be used and asking me to go with SA 350 LF2 cl.1.

Since the material has already been procured, client is asking me to give proper justification to take deviation to specification for using SA 350 LF3 instead of SA 350 F2 Cl.1 material.

Please let me know if any other information is required

kindly help me to solve this issue.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This is a contract issue,and not a technical issue related to the Code. You need to work with the client to resolve it. Was there a PO or contract,which indicated acceptable materials of construction. Having puchased material without input from the client is now your responsibility.

Have sometimes wondered why materials such as 3.5% Ni and 9 % Ni steels have fallen out of favour in recent times for applications where lower design temp is < -40degC or so, if it is not corrosion resistance related.

What is the service fluid in this vessel - liquified anhydrous ammonia or propane ?

The contract is the contract and 350-LF2 will be able to comply with the service. The customer may well be applying the 1% Ni max requirement for H2S service, whether practical or impractical in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back