Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAE 16/32 17 teeth splined shaft template anybody?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atza

Automotive
Dec 18, 2014
Hello

looking for an SAE 16/32 17 teeth splined shaft template (dxf), or for any instructions on how to sketch it up.
I am working with Solidworks.
Its very hard to get information on SAE splined shafts and sleeves....

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, no special program. I programmed the involute in Mathcad, imported the result into Excel to convert the data to ASCII, then with <CTRL><C> and <CTRL><V> into a text editor and finally saved as ****.scr, a script file to import the data into Autocad. I know, this sounds rather complicated and if you do this a lot you can get KISSsoft software to do it directly.

Thanks for the explanation.
I hope i am not exploiting your kindness but would it be possible to run the same process for the mating involute spline sleeve?

I would no mind donating something for for your efforts.

Let me know

thanks!!

You can get support by GWJ Technology Braunschweig Germany. Their Software tools TBK and e-assistant will meet your requirements and I guess it is possible to get a user flatrate for gear calculations - so it is not necessary to buy the Software when you have those cases only from time to time. By the way the GWJ software is much more user-friendly than Kisssoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back