Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Safety Board in an electrical Room 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GNicart

Electrical
Aug 22, 2016
US
I am posting this forum in hopes that someone can lead me to the right direction.

I am not an electrician nor an electrical engineer. I am trying to make a basic safety board for the electrical room and the generator room in an office building.
What I mean by safety board is, information, instructions, or safety stickers that are posted on it, also including safety equipment and required gear (in case for repair of testing). I have done several research but I have not found one that can give me an idea what of specific information or equipment I need to put on the board. Advice and direction would greatly be appreciated.
Thank you!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

HI GNicart,
I would think that the minimum that should be included on a 'safety board', would include;
1) Names & Phone numbers for (internal & external) safety organizations (ie fire, ambulance, hazmat, poison control)
2) MSDS sheets (or where to find them)
3) Overall Single-line diagram of the facility, with equipment tags that match the actual tags on the equipment.
4) Detailed single-lines (do not have to be on the safety board, but should always be available in the electrical room.
5) Arc-flash levels (can be included on item 3) above).
6) Details of Lock-out/Tag-out
7) List of safety procedures and where to find them. (Should be an up to date copy in the electrical room.)
8) Location of muster stations
9) List of evacuation and alarm horns/strobes used in the facility and what they mean.

Regards,
GG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back