Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Safety Design Seminars for Construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkinjc

Structural
Jul 21, 2009
US
Does anyone know of any design seminars or courses for Construction safety? I am particularly looking for a course on the design of Fall Protection systems during concrete construction (i.e. horizontal lifelines, fixed tie-off points, etc.). I have been searching on the internet, but I have only come across OSHA training (nothing on the actual design of safety systems). Any help is much appreciated! Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Depending on your location, I would recommend talking to a fall protection vendor and see if they have courses. I used to teach safety courses and engineer custom fall protection systems and sold DBI-Sala products (now Capital Safety). Their major office in the Midwest is in Red Wing, MN. They offer a great class on the design of temporary or permanent systems and the instructors tailored the course for my needs.

I would think that Miller, MSA or others might do this, but I only have experience with Capital Safety.

The website for Capital Safety is:
JWB

I recently received a one hour Fall Protection course from a certified instructor within my company. We are located in warm and sunny Buffalo, NY. If desired, you can email me for additional info. aswierski@roadrunner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back