Safety lock systems for lifting jacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

flow720

Mechanical
Apr 19, 2020
PL
Hello all,

Do You maybe know any safety lock mechanisms producer, that has brochures or maybe cad drawings/models to download? I'm currently looking for a safety system in hydraulic jack, preferably a ladder latch or else like. However, all the systems that i have found are operated with pneumatics/electronics or include a slack cable/chain construction and I would love to avoid putting that into the jack. Is there any simpler solution with given dimensions, informations? Like even mechanically released lock before retracting the cylinder?

Thanks a lot, regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Lifting Jack? Which one of the many types available should be coming to mind? If you're referring to an automotive type of floor jack a simple C-Clamp, clamped to one of the jack's frame rails with the clamp frame wedged between the frame and the lift arm will work for safety. If you doubt the ability for this to hold I've seen simple C-Clamps used to flip a large plate of steel with a crane. The plate was being made in to a new bolster plate for a large, body panel stamping press. If you're looking in to something like this, using the principle with a more impressive design should be fairly easy to come up with. Don't underestimate the clamping force of the screw and clamp frame. A C-Clamp with an elastic deformation strain gauge is eye opening to the frames effect on clamping force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back