Safety Training for visit to Offshore Production Vessel

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacesetter

Mechanical
Sep 22, 2006
CA
Hello,

What are your company policies for safety training for Engineers traveling to offshore Oil Production Vessels?

Do most companies require HUET, PST or BOSIET? and, is this a requirement for Engineers who are only observers?

I am working in China and it appears that they will allow you to helicopter out with only a safety briefing. Is this typical?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Certainly not for the UK. In the UK sectior you must have completed the BOSIET (3 day) survival training and have a valid offshore medical. In the Norwegian Sector you must have completed a PAN European OLF approved emergency offshore preparedness training (5 day) and a norwegian medical.

As far as I am aware none of the operators would allow you to fly without this. Even if they are operating in China the major players would still need this as their procedures are global. A local chinese operator, I dunno.

I worked offshore in Mexico both business trips then two-years on a 21/21 day rotation. About every four to six months someone would inquire about my survival training. I would advise that I had none then the topic would go away. All the North Sea lads had survival training. Several of the Texas men had offshore survival training. I am unaware that the Mexico people had any training beyond industrial safety. Me too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back