Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

San Onofre Steam Generator Tube Evaluation 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

metengr

Materials
Oct 2, 2003
US
I have been trying to follow closely what has been happening with the recent steam generator tube leak evaluation for Unit 2 and Unit 3 steam generators at the San Onofre Nuclear Generating Station (SONGS).

I have been unsuccessful in getting reliable information as to the type of analysis being performed on the root cause of tube failures and risk analysis related to repair and design. Also, who are the independent consultants that have been hired by SONGS and the NRC? The reason for my information quest is professional interest because the generation company I work for has close ties to EIX and is a sister to SCE. There is little information being released.

Not looking for press releases but more technical information or hands on perspective related to this event.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Your best bet is probably going to be getting your manager of VP to get you a direct contact at SONGS, who can then get you the contact name and information of the lead involved in the root cause. You'll get much better information through that channel. I would assume Mitsubishi is performing most of the root cause work associated with the steam generators.

NRC won't release any information on its side before the inspection is finished. All I know is what I read in the public blogs.

Patricia Lougheed

Please see FAQ731-376: Eng-Tips.com Forum Policies for tips on how to make the best use of the Eng-Tips Forums.

Good link, Thanks.

Mitsu was too cleaver by half on this design. Traditional support baffles at the middle of the u-bend would have prevented this. I am glad that it wasn't mine.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Plymouth Tube

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back