Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sanitary Sewer System Inspection & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmathis

Structural
Nov 13, 2002
US
I'm looking at a project to have an insitu inspection done of the existing sanitary sewer system on a small gov't facilty. I've only located two potential inspection companies nationwide so far. Does anybody know of companies providing this type of service in the Southwest (New Mexico)? Also I am interested in information for developing a scope of work and an outline of a specification for this type of work.

Thanks -

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm pretty sure insituform does work in that area. They work all over the U.S.

You might look at the Weftec Site to see if they have a list of pipeline inspection service providers somewhere.

You may also get some help from Gelco Pipeline Services. They are an offshoot of Insituform and provide TV inspection, grouting, manhole repairs, etc.

I think it depends upon the goals of your evaluation. Do you just want closed circuit TV of the lines, smoke testing, dye testing to determine the condition of the lines or are you looking at something more extensive like flow monitoring and hydraulic modeling to determine current and future capacity or I/I influence?

There are numerous small companies that provide simple CCTV service and leave you to fully interpret the results. There are also companies that provide full reports of their findings with graphs, charts etc. For the latter, I have used Severn Trent Pipeline Services, but I don't know if they have offices in the Southwest. Good luck.

I just have to provide my two cents worth.

What is the intention and scope of the inspection? I know of at least four firms here that would be more than happ y to provide a price to do the camera work, but are they going to be required to provide detailed analysis and recommendations as to repair?

As for the specifications, it will all depend on what the deliverable is going to be.

KRS Services

KRSSERVICES:

I also know of multiple firms who would run a camera throught the piping; but as you suspected, we also would want some analysis to interpret what is seen.

I got several good leads from the weftec web site -

Im sure the company you hire to do the inspection work would be more than happy to sit down and interpret what is seen. Any of our reports includes a hardcopy report, audio on the video, and screen text to explain any problems encountered. The operator notes the footage from the manhole and radial position on the pipe. The point of interest is also described in all three ways mentioned. Generally that is more than enough information along with the video to understand and create a plan of attack for any problem areas. But as I mentioned earlier, Im sure these companies would be more than happy to answer any questions that might arise after the work is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back