Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

SAP - Don't have Cold Formed and Aluminium Frame Design options

Status
Not open for further replies.

luizagui1

Mechanical
May 13, 2013
Hi everybody,

I'm using SAP 14.2.4 and I don't know why in design place this options just disappeared.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

John, I think i didn't explain well. My frames are ok, cold formed.

The problem is just on Design guide (look at picture). I tried unistall and install again and nothing. When I tried install a old version (14.2) worked, but when i atualize the problem came again.
All times I deleted the program's folder.
I really don't know what to do anymore.

Anyway thaks for help.

In order to activate the cold-formed design option, you need to have cold form sections in your model. If you only have steel sections, the cold form design options will be grey-ed out.

No. It's not this problem. I have the frame. And in the bar the cold form design aren't grey-ed out it just don't exist.
I am trying every day to do something and nothing!

If that's the situation, then why not send your .sdb file with request for help to support@csiberkeley.com ? Maybe there was some problem introduced in that particular release version.

I've completed an analysis and design of cold-formed/light gauge steel profile with sap2000 applications. I think two of the most important thing in this analysis are to input some cold- formed steel properties properly and to enter high numerical precision of join coordinates so that it can produce a relatively stable structural analysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back