Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP2000 Interactive Database Editing Error On Hinge Properties

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanos

Structural
Aug 29, 2014
GR
Hello,
here 's a strange error!

I assign plastic hinge properties to columns using "auto", then I convert them all to user-defined with "convert auto to user prop". Then i open Interactive Database Editing and try to change some values. But when i click "apply to model" the following error comes up:

-480 is not a specified axial force for the hinge; record skipped

for almost all entries. (the -480 is a value for a series of columns, this error also comes for other columns with different axial loads)

The funny thing is that i do not even change the axial load; these loads are automatically computed using the auto assignment hinge properties method.

I have noticed that the value that sap2000 calculates for a series of columns is -479.9999 (this is shown at hinge properties) but at Interactive Database Editing is has become -480. I already tried to change the values from -480 to -479.9999 at Interactive Database Editing but gave me the same error (-479.9999 is not a specified...etc).

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back