SAP2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almamoori

Civil/Environmental
Nov 18, 2015
GB
Kindly,
I will really appreciate if someone have any examples or tutorials about sap2000 regarding Fiber hinges - Pushover Analysis

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Kostast
thank you so much for your reply
Kindly, I had this tutorial and the manual as well, but actually there is no sufficient information about Fiber P-M2-M3 Hinge. To be more specific, do you know how the P-M2-M3 is computed by program? because I am not going to let the program automatically create fiber hinges. Moreover I want to know the interaction between them since it automatically accounts for interaction, changing moment-rotation curve, and plastic axial strain.
Thanks again for your help
Al-Mamoori

As you said, it automatically accounts for interaction, because what the program does, is calculate the stresses at the predefined fibers, and then derive the forces.No need for input PMM interaction curves like in caltran section, different methodology.

What the fiber hinge is, is a finite element section, discretised with fibers. Section only. The element is still a line element. So stresses are calculated only at the location of the fiber hinges across the element and only at the fiber location of the section.

From the end user point of view,the interaction between PMM,is derived automatically by the fibers and is more accurate than the convetional approach. The interaction between them, does not differ from PMM theory. Axial moment affects moment resistance (e.g. yield point in columns). Because these are calculated on a stress level, accuracy is assured. No need for further investigation there. Unless you are doing a coursework on the interaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back