Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save Function Keys for all files

Status
Not open for further replies.

handcopy

Computer
Jan 30, 2009
US
Hello, I'm having trouble with the function keys. Everytime i assign one and save it, and i open another file through ProjectWise, the key disappears! I think this is because perhaps the default location for the function key is the temp folder, and it gets cleared everytime i open a new file. Is there a way i can change the default folder for function key menus?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually, upon further investigation, it actually saves in \bentley\program\microstation folder and it saves everytime, except it never opens it whenever i open a new .lo file.

The function keys are fine for when i open up Bentley off my desktop, but when i open them up through projectwise, the funtion keys all disappear.

For example, the default function key file has F1 for help am I correct? This is represented correctly when I execute the bentley program from my desktop. When i use Projectwise to open up a .lo file, all the function keys go missing, no matter how many times i save them. They save to the \Bentley\Program\MicroStation\ folder as funckey.mnu, but they don't automatically load.

I hope that clears up my problem.

Ok now I see whats going on ... what you'll have to do is create a macro that loads your funtionkey.mnu from your hard drive the one that works thru ustn as it still works when you don't run pwise so you should still be able to load fkey menu manually and if you can then you can load it with a macro call it for example FK.bas so you can call it with keying in macro fk
now If you want this to load at startup read the help file on how to edit the shortcut load with -w etc to load your macro upon loading ustn or pwise...
from the dos run cmd window in C:\Program Files\Bentley\Program\MicroStation
keyin ustation /?
to see all the keying options to change the way ustn runs from and icon
I can't tell you the options for pwise as I don't have it here but I used to use it at another company...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back