Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save with comments in NX

Status
Not open for further replies.

F. S. Farimani

Mechanical
Jul 17, 2020
NL
Any decent version control system out there provides the users the chance to leave some comments upon saving. For example, Git has the "git commit -m <msg>". However, I can't find such a feature in NX/Teamcenter. As discussed here, I was hoping that I can use the "Notes" in the "Part History", but I don't think that's an option.

2020-10-13_16_26_15-Virtual_Desktop_Graphical_-_Desktop_Viewer_hkwsss.png

Sadly where I work we are heavily reliant on the so-called "concurrent engineering" methodology. It means we have to designs systems based on liquid requirements/specifications and always changing interfaces with other systems. It would be really helpful if different teams working on adjacent systems could leave comments as they go forward with their development so other teams could better understand the progress, changes, and maybe some hints about decision making.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jerry1423 said:
Comments can be added to expressions.
I do that sometimes to see the revisions that were made.

that's not an ideal solution. You are basically using expressions as some sort of notepad. What I'm looking for is notes assigned to specific saves with dates/time.

cowski said:
Since you are using Teamcenter, you can save a text file (or spreadsheet, presentation deck, etc) along with the CAD file in the item revision.

again this is not an ideal solution. I need notes assigned to specific saves with date/time labels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back