Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Saving images as shaded in AutoCAD 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickfinn

Mechanical
Aug 17, 2012
US
Recently I saw this thread thread555-99630. Someone in the thread commented on how to print an image in AutoCAD 2000 as a solid object. I appreciate your help! Thank you for helping me save an image as a solid object! What I did was go to view on the top of the sreen and then go to render. Under render I clicked on render. A window popped up and clicked on render. After that typed in "saveimg" command and clicked ok.

This is going wayyyy back in my memory (wasn't AutoCAD 2000 released in the last century - dinoasaur ages in terms of software-years)....

But I think back then you had place an image on your Layout. (I am assuming you want this with your 2D view layout.)
So the process was
Render the image.
Go to your paperspace layout of views (which I assume you created with solview and soldraw) and insert the image (I think the command was something like imgattach, but I don't recall. I can look it up if you can't find it.)

Now if your goal was really just to print the Rendered image file then simply open it up in MS Paint, PageMaker or similar and print.

Can you attach the original dwg file here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back