Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Multibody Crashes Solidworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunodg1

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2008
US
Hello All,

I have a multibody with three different bodies. When I try to 'save bodies' it says 'failed to save document' and then crashes solidworks. Very Frustrating. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

This happens once in while, not on everything. I am using SW 2012 x64 edition service pack 3. I have not tried running a repair of SW, is that located in the solidworks tools folder in the program file?

If you have configurations on your multibody part try activating them and doing a force rebuild CTRL+Q and look for errors in the tree. This can sometimes fix the Failed to save error.

Also SolidWorks may have just gone over the "Memory Cliff" if you will. [lookaround]
When SolidWorks runs for a long time it uses more and more Memory so rebooting every couple hours can solve a lot of issues. If this crashes when trying save as bodies when SolidWorks just starts then this isn't the problem.

Another workaround suggestion is to try right clicking on the Bodies 1 by 1 and doing a Save Body for each individually. You won't get the Make an Assembly option but all that does is create an assembly with all bodies set at origin which the check box will do if you assemble the parts individually.

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back