Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving multiple drawing sheets to single CGM - Catia V5 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarthrin

Mechanical
Feb 14, 2014
US
thread560-104913

Hello!

So far my morning is not going well...

Our customer is requiring us to send them our main assembly 2d drawing as a single CGM file.
It has 4 sheets.

I can save them all individually, but I cannot figure out how to save them as one multipage file.
I've tried to change the options "Save multisheet document in a single vectorial file", but all that does is overlay all four sheets over each other on one view.

I also tried to use a problem called view companion pro that claimed to have the ability to read and save multipage cgm files, but it did not work. (It didn't save the 4 pages in one file, and also didn't display the graphics correctly)

So, does anyone know a way to save multiple drawing sheets to a single multi-page *.cgm file?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

what software do you use for viewing cgm files? just did a check and catia outputs cgm well. i use JT2Go for viewing cgm files, and it showing me two sheets. when you import or just dragging cgm file to catia it puts one sheet into another..dont use catia for multiply pages cgm files..

PS - recommended software for cgm: JT2Go, abviewer. JT2Go is free

Awesome.

The JT2Go program shows the cgm file as multiple sheets.
It seems that Catia does output a multi-page cgm file just fine even if it can't open them.

The suggested program works great, thanks Tikito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back