Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scale object in Pro/engineer ->drawing<- 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

LucasBS

Mechanical
Jun 4, 2010
BR
I have a .part on this program. Imported it to a new Drawing, for A4 size.
But the object is too small on the sheet... Won't occupy a third of the availiable area.. it's hard to see, and a waste of space.
How do I scale the object inside the Drawing for it to look bigger without losing the measures?

(This is a copy of a thread I wrote up in the wrong place)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You should see a Scale value at the bottom of your screen which you can double click to modify the default scale or double click the Drawing View and go to the scale tab. Also check that your Model Units are set to the correct unit system and was not modeled in mm with inch values.

Michael

You can change the sheet scale (all views that are set to the default scale) or the individual view scale.
To change the sheet scale, you can double-click the "SCALE: XXX" that's displayed at the bottom of the graphics area. You can also select "Edit" and "Value" and select that scale.

To change the view scale, double-click the view or select the view and "Edit" "Properties". There you can change Scale from 'Default' to 'Custom' and make it however large you would like.

Visit and become a bonafide cybersleuth. Thanks, XSleuth (formerly telecomguy)

The first tip was the one I was looking for..

How did I not see that little number..
Huh... white on a little blue background... The guys are good on hiding stuff..

Thanx a lot, man..

XSleuth
I did not see your post in time..
Seems that you pointed the exhact thing too: The scale on the bottom of the sheet..
Thanx you too, man..

No problem. And my apologies to Michael. I was preparing a response but got sidetracked for a bit and missed your post. Gotta hate that.

Visit and become a bonafide cybersleuth. Thanks, XSleuth (formerly telecomguy)

XSleuth,

Happens to me all the time. You were more specific in your response though (*) I guessed what he was talking about because the Auto Scale is normally very small.

LucasDemh said:
But the object is too small on the sheet... Won't occupy a third of the availiable area.

Michael

[jester]
"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"
Michael Cole
Boston, MA
Follow me on ?w¡???
- @trajpar - @Shweep -
- ProE - SolidWorks -

There is a config.pro option default_draw_scale that you can set so the starting scale is somewhere close to what you usually want. We have it set to 5.

----------------------------------------

The Help for this program was created in Windows Help format, which depends on a feature that isn't included in this version of Windows.

5 is too much
My object was 400 mm; I had to put 0.75

This time, at least.

Their sizes alway vary; So the autoscale comes handy...

Not a problem to put the value manually everytime.
Decide the scale when propper to do so...
It's right here on the bottom... Just click it..

:) easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back