Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scale Projection View

Status
Not open for further replies.

REDesigner09

Aerospace
Nov 19, 2010
US
Hi,

I created a projection view, showing the bottom of the part. I will display this view on another sheet & want to enlarge it. I do not see an option to scale the projection view larger.

How can I do this or I can I demonstrate a projection view & scale it?

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe if it is a direct projection from another view you won't be able to scale it. However, you can change it to a general view and then scale it.
Hope this helps,
gil

Hi,

Yes, the view was originated from a direct projection, which is what I want. However, I wish to put the view a little bit larger & either place it into a different zone area or onto another sheet.

I have a directional section view that demonstrates where the view comes from.

If I convert the projection view to a general view, then I lose my directional section arrows.

Any other work arouds?

Thanks

You can create another parent view to use for the projection which is created at the desired scale. Then create a projected view from the scaled parent to get the larger scale.

Another method would be to create a detailed View of the projection which will allow a custom scale to be applied. You can move or hide the Detail View name if you don't want it shown on the drawing.

The detail view can be a full view if you sketch the boundary for it large enough. You can also choose to hide the boundary in the detail view.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back