Scaling a ISO Metric Draft drawing down to half scale (1:2) / Free Trial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benmechengapp

Mechanical
Feb 20, 2020
GB
Hi there,

I am using the free trial of Solid Edge and have been trying to scale down a drawing to 1:2 scale, otherwise it would be too large for the sheet.
I found by going into Settings > Sheet Setup and then manually changing the sheet scale to 1:2 scale doesn't work.
I think this could be due to the limited features that are included with the free trial of solid edge as I cant seem to find any other methods of changing the drawing to half scale.
The only workaround I could come up with was to click on each dimension and change what it says to 2x the dimension so the drawing was "Half Scale" but had the correct dimensions.
However this causes the dimensions to become blue/green colour and it underlines the value of the dimension.
I am just wondering if anyone knows of a solution to my problem.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what you mean,,
I assume your isometric view is exceed your sheet. You have to scale your view, not your sheet. Right click on your isometric view then Properties, find Scale feature.

Hello,

Does the free version have the "2D model" button? If so, you can click that button which will take you to a screen where you place your view in 1:1 scale. You then place that view on your sheet like you would a view from a 3D model. Once you have that, you can simply select the view and change the scale. The benefit is that your dimensions will stay correct no matter what scale you choose.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back