Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SCALING MULTIPLE OBJECTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

cveg05

Civil/Environmental
Mar 7, 2006
HI,
I have a situtation where I need to scale up several (50-100) objects but need to keep each of the objects the same distance apart as before so i can't use a fence or group the objects because this will scale the distances between relatively. Also, each object is different so I can't just create a cell and copy it without reentering the data in each object individually. I'm basically changing the scale of a plan sheet so I need everthing to line up as before but bigger. This time I went ahead and scaled up each object individually but I'm curious about other methods so I can save time next time.
Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

cveg05,
Scaling can be performed by referencing or you can scale the objects. All objects should be drawn at 1-1 and referenced to a sheet file. Since you are going from 50 to 100 you would not have to scale the objects. Generally we only re-scale objects if we are changing the scale from say 100-20 scale or 20-100 scale, then we would need to re-scale the objects. Otherwise if I remember there is a mdl that does a global scale from the cells origin. Check and see if there is one at askinga.com and see if there is one there.
Regards,
Namdac

namdac,
Thanks for referring me to that website. It was my first time on there and I did find the mdl that you were referring too which worked well. Thanks again.
Also I didn't explain my situation very well. What I had was, in the base drawing(1:1) several cells(labels) which were placed at a ledgible scale in that drawing for performing design calc's. I needed to print a sheet at a larger scale (1:100) which meant all the labels were way too small to read so I had to scale each one up so that their height and width were ~8-10% of my final scale. This utility I downloaded seems to work perfectly though so thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back