Scanning of A0 sheets into pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudhakarn

Automotive
Apr 1, 2013
IN
Hi folks,

We have some hard copy drawings of A0, A1 size. We want to make them in Autocad. We are trying to scan them into a PDF and import it into Autocad.
Is it possible to scan the A0 size drawings into a pdf?
Any ideas would be great.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Document printing and scanning services may have peaked in popularity and declined in recent years, but they may not all be gone, yet.
See if some local printing companies can also provide this service to you. If they print large format, they may be able to scan that size format.

Please remember: we're not all rednecks!

Hello sudhakarn. This advice might be a bit late, but it's better to scan the file into a jpg or pdf, make it an xref, and trace over it in AutoCAD. It will save time in the future from backchecking and fixing. An average drawing will take 8-12 hours.

I have a program called pdf2cad... that takes a *.pdf and converts it to a *.dwg file... works very well and at worst you can have a graphics file that you can trace, and if the *,pdf was created by a cad program, the actual layers are extracted. I should note that the graphics file is to scale. Also if you have some redacted pdf files, the solid part is on a separate layer sometimes.

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

I have also seen Autodesk documentation that the latest versions of AutoCAD support pdf to dwg conversion. I haven't tried it myself and can't afford the latest version. But it's out there for you to try as a trial, because Autodesk gives free trials.

I haven't encountered a pdf from a cad program that isn't resolved into layers whether it is printed from the cad program's native pdf output or if it is ptinted using a pdf printer driver (I use Doropdf, myself. I have for years and it is an excellent 'free' program).

Rather than think climate change and the corona virus as science, think of it as the wrath of God. Feel any better?

-Dik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back