Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scenes disappearing from the tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

gprinsloo

Automotive
Jan 27, 2012
ZA
Hi All, I'm using CATIA V5R22/SP05/HF00 on this one. I have a product which had about 8 scenes configured. At one point all the scenes disappeared from the tree. What it also did was to generate a "scenes" file in the folder where the product was saved and it is called the same as the product with a suffix of "_Scenes.CATfct". Did I perhaps change a setting somewhere along the way to cause this? Is there a way to retrieve the scenes from this "_Scenes.CATfct" file? I have stacks of drawing views dependant on these scenes and I cannot update my views as it takes on the full product with the scenes missing. Any ideas?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi ,

Do you check your Option settings?
Product Stucture - Tree Customization - Applications should be "Yes" . (See picture)

Option_agcyyy.png

Regards
Marc

Hi Marc,
Thanks for the reply and sorry for my late reply.
I have a problem with my email address here on eng-tips and am not able to change it so i do not get notifications. I have asked eng-tips admin to take a look but no joy just yet.

Yes, I have checked my Catia settings as suggested and the Applications option is on. If i had to try create a new scene it will accept it and show it in the tree but, that wont help me now in this case as I would really like to get back those previous scenes.

I forgot to mention that it comes up with an error messaged too. This is it below.
2016-01-27_16_42_48-Open_bnukcn.jpg

If i create any new scene, it seems to save it but it still comes up with that error message. I also tried desk to find it but I cannot find it in the desk either.

Thank you,
(Will check in for updates every now and then when I have a free minute.)

I've experience this issue as well. Particularly when opening a CATProduct with scenes created in a previous Release of CATIA. For example, if I create scenes in a CATProduct in R20 and then open the CATProduct in R22 then sometimes the scenes disappear.

I too use scenes to show the various assembly steps of a product and then link drawing views to those scenes. It's a huge setback when the scenes disappear. If anyone has any idea what causes this then please advise.

I've heard it has something to do with a Dassault resource file that's not exactly the same between releases that might be causing this issue.

Again, if anyone has any idea what causes this please share.

Drew Mumaw

Don't know what causes this but a quick fix is to close the CATProduct and delete your CATSETTINGS folder. Re-open the CATProduct a the scenes should be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back