Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

School of PE Comments?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tate6

Industrial
Apr 4, 2019
HK
Hi. Before I plop down almost $1000 to the School of PE for a review class on FE Other Disciplines, can you please share your experiences with them if any? What's good and bad about them? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I didn't take that course or any of those from PPI. I did take the six week MOOC from Georgia Tech.

Link

The GT one was free but marginally helpful. They focused on the hardest 5-10% of questions which you don't need to pass. I would expect any paid courses would be the same. It was mostly passive learning which at the time fit my motivation but it was really just a warm up exercise.

I also used the Lindeburgh & Potter books.

The Potter book covers the easiest 80% of questions you need to know to pass. The exam is mostly about being familiar with the kinds of questions they ask & rapidly answering them. I think if I'd wrote the exam after reviewing the Potter book, I would have passed easily.

The Lindeburgh (PPI) books are useful too. But they are probably over-kill. You don't get a ribbon for scoring 90%+.

Again - doing practice questions unaided is what will get you ready. A course is a useful diversion if you're not ready to get to work for real.

Start with getting to know your calculator very well. The CASIO FX-115ES PLUS is still the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back