Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Screen Aspect Ratio (Stretching)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlazarony

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2007
US
I recently upgraded to a high aspect ratio LCD monitor. I notice a "stretching," effect on my SolidWorks models, where circles become ellipses. I've tried playing with the resolution settings, but efforts have been unsuccessful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did your new monitor not come with a driver CD? My PC's display setting options didn't list my LCD's resolution until after I installed the driver that came with the monitor.

Same thing happened to my new puter at home. So I removed the video card and am using the on board video card. I think that I will try your suggestion handleman.

B. Long
Dell Precision 380
P 4 2.80 GHz
2.5 Gig Ram
Solidworks Office 2007 Sp. 2.2
AutoCAD 2005

This sounds to me like we are talking about some wide screen resolutions, correct me if I am wrong. You may have to tinker with your graphics settings because it could be "stretching" SW to fill up your screen. Right clicking your desktop brings up the quickest access to some of these settings, but it really depends upon the card. There are some Maintain Aspect Ratio settings that could be applicable.

I would also try Microsoft Update, as much as I hate to admit it; they usually do very well with the Dell monitor drivers. I would also make sure your graphics driver are the most up to date SW supported. If that doesn't work try some of the more recent unsupported revisions, but of course that is at your own risk.

I've just got one also 300mm x 470mm and to make it proportional I've had to change the resolution to 1600 x 1200 and now, although circles look like circles, the top or bottom is off the screen. I have to move the mouse up or down to see it each time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back