Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SE with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

swhits

Military
Feb 3, 2005
US
Good afternoon, just an inquiry. Has anyone used SE v20 with Vista OS? Our company is looking into going to Vista OS, and I am wondering what I might have to look forward to, in the way of errors, printer or any other software problems. Esecially with Solid Edge. Any comments, concern would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

swhits,

I've used SE v20 on vista before. I have to say that it didn't seem to have any problems, other than issues with my video drivers.

In reality, it wasn't really SE having problems with my video drivers, it was really nVidia not releasing updates for Laptops. So I was having problems overall with the Drivers/Vista combo; I had to switch to a different version when I wanted to use SE. Other than that, everything runned smooth.

That being said, I haven't touched SE on Vista in a while (about 6 months), and back when I did, I didn't use it to the extent I do now; maybe I wouldn't have the same opinion if I would try it again today.

Hope this helps,
Martin

I am running V20 on Vista and there are no problems. The only Vista problem we have is synchronizing issues with our Small Business Server 2003 (roaming profiles).

I think that's where you should be careful with, Solid Edge is no problem.

Visualise your vision... in 3D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back