Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SE19: Bonjour, J'ai une préoccupat

Status
Not open for further replies.

SE19

Structural
Mar 10, 2019
GA
SE19: Bonjour,
J'ai une préoccupation de soudage.
mon client me demande d'intervenir sur une réparation BW et rechargement de coque de navire, la nuance d'acier est le ABS EH36.
Mon entreprise ne possède aucune qualification ABS. Nous possédons des QMOS ASME IX ASTM A106/API 5L GrB pour du PVV et AWS D1.1 S355 J2+N/ K2+N pour des structures.
Que dois je faire pour couvrir ce type de nuance(EH36)?
le procédé de soudage à utiliser est SMAW (OK 48.60 à utiliser)et mes QMOS ont été réalisées avec OK 48.00 7018 EN SMAW.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SE19: Hello,
I have a welding concern.
my client asks me to intervene on a BW repair and ship hull reloading, the steel grade is ABS EH36.
My company has no ABS qualifications. We have QMOS ASME IX ASTM A106/API 5L GrB for PVV and AWS D1.1 S355 J2+N/ K2+N for structures.
What should I do to cover this type of grade (EH36)?
the welding process to use is SMAW (OK 48.60 to use) and my QMOS was performed with OK 48.00 7018 EN SMAW.

Translated with

Most ship repairs require a Weld Repair Shop Certification authorised by a Notified Body, and NDT (CND) according to maritime standards.
I am not versed enough in ASME IX to comment whether or not your QMOS (= WPQR) covers EH36, but even if it did (which I doubt), you still need welders certified to those maritime standards (basically EN ISO 9606-1 BUT with additional requirements).
I regularly make the weld data books for maritime repairs, and there's more to it than a WPQR/QMOS.

For starters, you'd have to check if your client accepts ASME / AWS WPQR's. My (european) experience is that they only work with EN ISO 15614-1 WPQR's.
Secondly, you'd have to check whether or not your WPQR covers EH36.
Then, there's all the rest that needs to be done...

Kingnero hello,

Thank you for that clarification.
I still sent the PQRs and QS AWSs I have and we'll see what happens.
I'd better qualify according to ABS requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back