Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Search does not work on Solidworks forum 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gandytable

Mechanical
Dec 13, 2001
US
I recently noticed that search does not work on the Solidworks forum when I choose "SolidWorks CAD products only". It does work when I choose "full site search". I tried it on other forums, and it works on some and does not work on some. What is going on?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Scott,

I do not understand your reply, since I am logged in with my username and password. Otherwise I could not have searched any forum or made this post.

Regarding the Knowledge base, I have done a full site search and cannot fine it. What are you referring to?

Note that I did a search for "search" on the full site before I made the original post, but did not find where others have had the same problem.

Thanks,
Steve

I've seen the same thing as gandytable. Searching from within the solidworks forum by clicking the tab at the top entitled "Search". In the scope section select SolidWorks 3D CAD products Only. Type something, anything in the search field. For instance, type the word macro and hit search. I know that macros are something continually discussed here, but the search can't find the word macro? Not likely.

Regards.

Site management have recently changed servers and are having some technical difficulties with the search databases. Please remain in your seats and secure any loose objects. [smile]

I believe Scott thought you were referring to the official SolidWorks site, not this one. Often when somebody refers to the "SolidWorks forum" that's what they are referring to.

[cheers]
SW07-SP3.1
SW06-SP5.1

U can still search the eng-tips forums using the Google search in the mean time. U'll just have to be more specific in ur search criteria to avoid millions of hits.

Regards,

H. Kurt Betton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back