Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching for an experienced opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptsal

Mechanical
Jan 18, 2013
PT
Hey guys,
for the last three months I have been defining a model of a bus in Abaqus. Since the beggining I have been always testing the model to see if things are going as expected,testing it in static analysis and frequency extraction.

Since I am reaching a point that I have to start dynamic analysis and my model is already consumming all of it's available ram in a frequency extraction step, I wonder if when I start the dynamics analysis I'll have enough memory on my pc.

PC specs:
ram: 16Gb
processor: i7-3820 3.60GHz
graphic card: Nvidia Quadro NVS 290

I know that the memory necessary for implicit and explicit methods are not the same, either way I wonder if any of those will work knowing the fact, as i said before,that for a frequency extraction step most of my memory is consumed.

So for your experience, will I need to upgrade my pc or do you think it will be enough, given the specs. I know that when I test it a first time I'll have my answer. (I've never done a dynamic analysis in a model so complex as this is)

Thanks. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back