Status
Not open for further replies.

vakantanka

Automotive
Jan 30, 2003
CZ
hi everybody,
Im running on V5R9 and I need to help with this:
DRAWING - How can I make section cut through several parts (from CATProducts) but just one part will appear like section (bold lines with hatching) and the others will make from dash-and-dot lines.
What is the best way to do it???
Thanks in advance.
vakantanka

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

hi,

Once your section is done, select the view and right clic to have the contextual menu, go down to view objet and select OVERLOAD PROPERTIES, then select each CATPart (from drawing element) and define the way you want them to be...

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Hi Eric,

The method wich you said works only for assemblies where we can specify the properties of each Catpart for a particular view (ie whwther it is to be cut/used for projection etc).

But if we have an inseperable assembly( an assembly in which all the components are modelled in one Catpart without using assembly module), and we need to exclude components from getting sectioned, what s the way to proceed?
The overload options is not getting activated in this case.
Hope you understood my problem.

inforama

hi,

Yes I understand your question, I've ask DS about getting something we had in V4... They have bigger problem in drafting now.. they are working on large assembly...

The only thing I can think about is setting a color (blue) to the bodies you want in dot-dashed line and use the color in the projection... then select element by color in the view to set the right properties for the line type.

You can even think about a script to do that, or some knowledware rule but I cant make any for drafting right now..

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back