Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Section Modulus of Equal Rectangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 16, 2012
SG
Hi,

AISC has given the section modulus of equal rectangles (as shown for the rectangles on the left). Can someone please advise what is the section modulus of equal rectangles (axis of moments through the center of gravity) for the rectangles shown on right?. Please see attached file. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

SO

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm concerned that you seem to continue to ask very basic questions relating to structures and from your various questions it appears that you are doing structural analysis/design.

You can't practice structural engineering from the cumulative bits of information you find in forums or from textbook/code snippets.

You are delving into high liability, high risk areas that can, in fact, be dangerous. While I do not know your situation, one can conclude from your posts that you have little or no interaction with experienced structural engineers. I would suggest that you and/or your company find a way to remedy that so that you can understand these concepts a bit better as they apply to your situation as well as prevent a structural issue that might endanger others.

I agree with Ron.

The question you asked above is something freshman engineering students in college would know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back