Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section view û hole/shaft thread overlap 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaborHun

Mechanical
May 27, 2008
HU
In section view the threaded sections overlap between a hole and a shaft. I have made the edges hidden (the internal edge of the hole, displayed „inside” the shaft), but the two hatches are still overlapping. How to display the threaded section properly? Any workarounds?
Let me know, if I’m not clear on the subject. In that case I’ll attach a file.

Gabor

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The only thing I can think of is to model your shaft and hole at the same diameter. If you are using a hole wizard to create the hole, you can choose the option for "remove thread" to make the hole the nominal size.

-handleman, CSWP (The new, easy test)

The thread is over hole wizard size.
I'd rather try to fix the drawing itself, keeping the models intact.
I tried to modify the drawing view, but the hatch seems to be unified, no possibility to erase just a part of it.

I think the best you're going to be able to do is to create a configuration where the hole and the shaft are the same diameter. That way you keep all of the information that you want without f-ing up the model, and then you can show that one configuration in your section view.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back