Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

See hidden elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

v5newto

Automotive
Jun 13, 2006
US
In SW PART (not assembly and not drawing).
I am trying to find out if there is a way to see, all at once, all of your hidden elements (line, curve, surfs) that go hidden as you go along doing your design.

I am coming from CATIA where you can easily toggle between work area and hidden area (show/no show) and see, along with the tree, just what was used in the process of creating the final part.

Not seeing a way to do this in SW.

I know you can pick one item at a time in tree and hide / show it, but this just isn’t practical if you are dealing with a file that has hundreds of commands in the tree and you need to go back and do an edit. You could waste hours. I’m hoping the core to editing in SW is not Hide and Seek.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can provide any help on this issue.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am not a Catia user so I had to look up what you were talking about:

Sounds like you want to show your sketches, planes, etc... For one that would have to have everything turned on to show in the part files, and two you would have to have the option turned on to see them under "View \ Hide/Show" then turn on the option you want to see.

Surfaces that were used to create something and that original surface was changed in any way will not appear as they did when you first created it if that's what you are after.

Hope this helps,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [pc2]
CAD Systems Manager
Dapco, INC

"If it's not broke, Don't fix it!"
faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back